Friday, June 10, 2011

Ha...Only a Year and a Month

Well once I again I am on top of it -only a year later to update! LOL
So much to say and my fingers just can't move fast enough. I completed my student teaching early due to being offered a position right next door to my student teacher's room- COMPLETELY a GOD thing! I won't say the transition was completely flawless as I still hyperventilate thinking about leaving my kids daily, but it happened when it needed to. I have signed my contract for next year and God has worked it out so that I have another great nanny lined up! Libby is headed to UGA after surviving three years with the Sparks and Ally, her sister, will be taking over. I am hoping it works for Ally as well since she has less than 20 weeks until she welcomes a little girl, Payton. Don't know what I would do without the Booskas!!

Cam just completed kindergarten and we survived our first year. The great news he was tested in reading and is currently reading on an almost third grade level!! He lost his first tooth in April and has 2 permanent teeth already in. He is so much fun to be around and is always "investigating" and finding out all about things around him. To have his perseverance and curiosity!!

Laney received a class award for most likely to run a Fortune 500 company! Hilarious - she definitely keeps us all on our toes. We made it through another year of baseball and Cam really improved this year. We also completed our first dance recital and WOW is that Laney's thing! When she said she just wanted to tumble next year, I told her that was fine, but she wouldn't have a recital she quickly changed her mind. I am not sure where she came from, but she is a true joy (as long as she is not whining) and she is very bright as well. Before her PK-3 year was up she knew everyone's birthday (month and day)from her class and was reading all of their names as well as spelling/writing some. Her middle name, Lorelai, means siren and how fitting!

Landon and I celebrated 10 years of marriage on May 26th. It would have been at the ball field,
but it rained so we ended up in ball stuff at a wing house. This was totally appropriate for us in case some of you are taken aback by the extravagance of it all. ;) I was in love with him at 18 years old and can honestly say I am more in love with him now. Sounds cheesy, but we have made it through some interesting times. We have made some life altering decisions (right or wrong), moves (more than I care to remember), job changes, college graduations, and we have welcomed two wonderful children into this world. I know people say that kids change things and they definitely do, but we survived my emotional break down after Cameron when he wouldn't eat or sleep and we survived Laney's reflux that was so bad we were terrified she would aspirate during the night and we would never know. We have made it through a horrible business investment which cost us huge financially and we have come out on the other side smiling. I have grown in my faith and because of Landon's lead I have become more knowledgeable of HIS word. I am happy my children are being raised in a Christian home and hope their trials are fewer because they know the Lord.

Now I will start updating pictures....this could take a while!

1 comment: