Quick thoughts.......June 30th 2012.
The last day of June. A month ago summer had just begun as school let out and I took a deep breath both excited and nervous. I will not be returning to my teaching job next year due to several personal / family reasons. The decision was made with great consideration and Landon and I really talked it out for about two months. It was a difficult and heartbreaking decision. I worked so hard to get where I was and now I feel as though I took two steps back, but guess what? I have my kids. I will have lunch with them, have time for special projects and adventures, and mostly I will be there. I am blessed to have that opportunity. My day will come when they will roll their eyes because I have a suggestion or choose to attend an event, they will ask why I have to get in their business, and they will not grab my hand as we get out the car because they are "too cool". That day is closer than my mind will allow me to believe, but it is there. So I get a few more years of "being there" and I am happy for that.
While all the decision making was going on regarding my job and what we should do, Landon springs his own surprise on me with some of his thoughts. Gotta love timing and God's sense of humor. It wil be great and I know this, but I am a planner and a need to know how it will end person. Long range planning and short term results! So as we embark on yet another Sparks journey, we will pray through it and for it and know that God's hand is on us the entire time! I admire my husband and am proud of him. I really want him to hear his heart and follow it and know I will support him.

No comments:
Post a Comment